We at Cheryl Saban Designs (“CSD”) value the trust you have placed in us and are committed to handling your personal information in a safe, secure and responsible manner.
What information do you collect?
We may collect personal and other information from you when you establish or update an CSD account, enter a contest or sweepstakes, participate in a survey, quiz or poll, shop online, check the status of an order or review order history, join our mailing list or follow our brands on social networking sites, purchase and send a gift card, download or use our mobile apps, or post customer reviews. Categories of personal information collected include your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and credit card number.
We also gather navigational information about where visitors go on our Sites and information about the technical operation of our Sites and services. This information allows us to see which areas are most visited and helps us better understand our customers' experiences at our Sites and tailor communications to our customers' interests. This helps us improve the quality of your online experiences by recognizing and delivering more of the preferred features, areas and services. Information about your mobile device and computer (for example, domain type, browser version, service provider, internet protocol address and geo-location data) may also be collected by us or our service providers to learn about your use of our Sites.
How is my information used?
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To process your order and answer your questions about the status of your order.
- To provide you with periodic e-mails, mailings and other communications about CSD merchandise, services and promotions or to help us learn more about your shopping preferences. You may choose not to receive these communications as described below.
- To help us improve our online stores and your shopping experience.
- To provide location-based services.
- To provide advertisements to you about our products and services on our Sites and other websites.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security or integrity of our Sites and our business.
- To contact you if necessary.
Please note that if you use the share feature on our Sites to share any products with a friend, we will use your friend's name and the contact information you provide to effectuate such sharing.
Will my information be shared?
- CSD is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- Advertising member networks & select companies. CSD participates in advertising member networks with like-minded organizations where we may contribute certaininformation collected through our Sites – including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, purchase history, data collected through cookies and other technologies and geo-location data – so that other members may inform you about products or services that might interest you. We may also make your information directly available to select companies that we believe may offer products or services of interest to you or that help us better understand our customers and improve our services. If you would prefer that we not share your information with our advertising member networks or select companies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service providers. CSD shares information about our customers with service providers so that we can provide better service to you, such as collecting, storing and managing customer information; providing customer services; taking and fulfilling orders; processing credit card information; conducting promotions and surveys for our brands; and communicating effectively with our customers. We restrict those service providers from making any use of your information other than to help us provide better service to you. We may also allow service providers to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies so that these entities can provide certain services to us. CSDalso may share aggregated statistical or demographic information about our customers with service providers for customer analytics purposes so that we can better serve you.
- Sweepstakes, contests or promotions. When CSD conducts contests, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys, or joins with other companies to do so, customers who choose to participate may be asked to provide personal information. We and the other participating companies may use this personal information for such purposes as notifying winners and fulfilling promotional obligations, and may also cross reference customer databases to identify common customers. Information from these activities may be used by CSD and the other participating companies to explore future promotional opportunities. Even if you have chosen not to receive e-mail or postal mail from CSD prior to your participation in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey, you may still receive information from CSD in connection with that activity if you register for or participate in it. You may choose not to participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions or surveys if you do not wish to receive information from CSD or share your information with CSD and the other companies sponsoring those activities.
- Legal & other considerations. CSD may disclose your personal information to others if we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with law, regulation, legal process or government request; enforce the terms of any of our policies; or protect the rights, property or safety of CSD, our associates or our customers. We may also share your information in connection with or to effectuate a substantial corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, reorganization or liquidation.
- With your consent. You may be notified at the time your information is collected that it will be shared with a third party. If you proceed with providing your information after receiving that notice, you will be considered to have consented to have your information shared with the third party.
What information is collected by other sites and services?
If you are visiting our Site through a link from another website or search engine, information about your visit to our Site may be collected by the provider of the other website or search engine. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these other websites or search engines.
We may also enable you to navigate to other sites and services from our Site, and we may display content from these other sites and services. We do this for your convenience. We don't endorse or generally have any affiliation with these other sites and services. We do not control and are not responsible for their web practices. Whether their content appears within our web environment or you leave our Site to view the content on another website, those entities' terms, conditions, and privacy policies govern your online experience unless there's a conspicuously posted statement by us that says otherwise. We recommend that you review their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices.
How is my payment handled?
Shopify Inc. hosts our on-line store and provides us with the e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council to help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For additional information, we recommend that you read Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
Do you use location-based services?
We may use location-based services to provide you with information through your wireline or mobile connection to our Site. If we do so and you have not disabled the location-enabled feature on your device, we may collect geo-location information from your device and we may share that information as described above. This location information is collected in a form that does not contain your contact information and may be used by CSD to provide and improve location-based products and services. Our applications may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into the mobile CSD applications or the Site. Your device may offer privacy and security settings that allow you to manage how your device and browser share location information with others, as well as how your browser handles cookies and related technologies. Please refer to instructions provided by your wireline or mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
How do you handle user-generated content?
How do I access or change information available in my account profile?
If you want to change or review the information that we make available about you in your account profile, please click here.
How do I unsubscribe or opt out?
At various points on our Sites, you have the option to join our email lists and receive information about our products, services and offers. Also, if you provide us with your email address when you register online, update your account, log in, place an order, make a customer service inquiry, choose to receive our emails, or participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, you may automatically be added to our email list and receive marketing or promotional information from us.
You can use the procedures described below to opt out of CSD marketing or sharing with advertising member networks or select companies. Your opt-out request may take up to 10 business days to process, and you may receive communications from us in the meantime. Please note that if you make subsequent purchases from our Site, we will confirm your order by e-mail, and we may need to contact you by phone, e-mail, or postal mail with other questions regarding your order.
If you prefer not to receive marketing or promotional information from CSD, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please be sure to include your full name, email address, telephone number, mailing address and, specifically, what information you do not want to receive.
You may also click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all CSD marketing emails to be removed from future email marketing.
Sharing with advertising member networks or select companies
By visiting our Sites, you consent to our placement of cookies and other similar technologies on your computer and/or mobile device.
How does CSD protect the security of my order information?
The safety of your credit card information is important to us, and CSD has taken measures to help protect the security of your online order information. CDS follows industry best practices to make sure that your information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Some versions of browsers and some firewalls don't permit communication through security-enhanced servers like the ones we use to process orders on our Sites. If you cannot access the security-enhanced server for any reason, you can place your order by calling 424.284.3219.
While we implement SSL technology and other security measures to protect your information, please note that no data transmitted over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Note that "Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
How does CSD protect children's privacy?
CSD is concerned about the privacy of young children and our Sites do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13 years of age.
What are my California privacy rights?
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which CSD has disclosed personal information during the preceding year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want a list, you should send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at: CHERYL SABAN DESIGNS 9065 Nemo Street, West Hollywood, CA 90069. Please provide the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your e-mail or on the envelope or post card and in the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.